Saturday, December 13, 2014

Buffett shared two items that he cherishes so much he always keeps them close at hand

GOBankingRates found that the Oracle of Omaha is actually pretty practical about what he carries around in his pocket. We asked Buffett: "What’s always in your wallet (aside from your I.D.), and why can’t you leave home without it?"

Buffett shared two items that he cherishes so much he always keeps them close at hand. "I've got pictures of my children when they were young, and there are pictures of my grandchildren when they were young," Buffett told GOBankingRates. The $66.7 billion investor also noted, "I have a $50 dollar bill from a bank we owned in Rockford, Illinois that's signed by the fella who ran the bank for me. They issued their own currency, so I carry that around for good luck."
Investing $443 million in Dexter Shoe Inc. was “the worst deal that I’ve made,” Warren Buffett said. 
He bought the shoe company with Berkshire stock in 1993, and the business lost its competitive edge soon after.
The Oracle of Omaha predicted his own wealth.
“I always knew I was going to be rich,” Buffett said. “I don’t think I ever doubted it for a minute.”

Buffett’s three children and their philanthropic efforts are his biggest source of satisfaction in life.
“I would say the most satisfying thing actually is watching my three children each pick up on their own interests,” Buffett said, “and work many more hours per week than most people that have jobs at trying to intelligently give away that money in fields that they particularly care about.” His children, Susan Buffett, Howard Buffett and Peter Buffett, run their own charity foundations.
Warren Buffett carries an ancient Nokia flip phone.
He forgoes the latest and greatest smart phones in favor of the serviceable model. “This is the one Alexander Graham Bell gave me,” Warren Buffett joked on the Piers Morgan Show. It’s all part of his frugality, he said: “I don’t throw anything away until I’ve had it 20 or 25 years.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Steps To Make a Website

The first thing to consider when you create a website is its design. You need to choose colors that are friendly on the eye. You also ...